10 Questions to ask a builder
We understand price is important, but before signing a contract have you thought about....
- Does your builder sign a fixed price contract at the beginning of every project?
- Is your builder up front with all fees and charges and are the PC sums in your quote comparable with all quotes received?
- Is your builder a member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) or equivalent professional organization and have they been recognised with multiple industry awards?
- Does your builder regularly attend industry seminars to keep informed of the latest development trends within the building industry?
- Are they an accredited GreenSmart Builder ensuring energy efficiency in the design and construction of your home or renovation?
- Do they have knowledge and experience in all areas of building and align themselves with other building professionals to give you the best advice?
- Does your builder have retail contacts to provide you with the best price, customer service and after sales care?
- Is your builder registered with the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs – holding a current builder’s licence covering the work to be undertaken?
- Do they hold a minimum of $20million in public liability insurance?
- Will your builder show you examples of recently completed work?
JK Ramage Builders will say YES to all of these and more because we are passionate about building.If you want a personalised, professional building service, talk to us.